Monday, January 4, 2010

Reporting on a Revolution Has Been Renamed Rapid Uplift

I got me a new blog name this new year. In a civil ceremony Reporting on a Revolution has been rechristened Rapid Uplift.



I think the new name has a restless dynamic geologyey feel to it. It is more in tune with the broad theme of my blog of a changing planet..being reshaped and re sculpted through geological processes and biological evolution. I have to admit that the focus of this blog has changed somewhat over the last two years. My initial purpose of keeping a tab on poor and sensationalistic science reporting especially by the Indian media prompted the blog title Reporting on a Revolution.

Over time though I have found myself writing more and more on geology related themes often not taking cues from media reports or without any intent to criticize media reporting but writing simply because I found a particular story interesting.

Rapid Uplift will continue this geology centered science outreach attempt.

Do update your blogrolls. The page and feed URLs are unchanged.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

9 comments:

  1. I noticed this new blog title in my aggregator and couldn't figure out what was going on!

    Congratulations on the rebirth - it's a great title, and very positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new name, your link on my sidebar - changed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, this title looks more apt since your blog mostly concerns geology :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks all for the positive response!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, a new name can be a great way to re-motivate ... and it's a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Brian. there is a new twitch to my fingertips :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALL ENCOMPASSING!!! Good Title

    ReplyDelete
  8. fwiw, i also like the new name. i think my blogroll changed automatically. still trying to figure out how these things work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice change. As a relatively recent reader I'll admit the old name puzzled me. I've updated it on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete